I-G Training Pte Ltd (IGT) with its new business model is the new power-house for insurance related training in the South East Asia region.
I-G Training Pte Ltd (IGT) is established to provide technical and practical training to the general insurance and reinsurance industry. It is managed by experienced insurance practitioners and well supported by a strong pool of experienced facilitators.
IGT is committed to serve the insurance market in Singapore and the region. It provides quality training programmes which are specially designed and developed to build the knowledge and skill-sets of insurance practitioners and professionals. IGT focuses on increasing the technical competency and enhancing the practical experience of middle and senior level insurance executives so as to enable them to add value in their service to their employers by applying what they have learnt to their workplace and by assuming greater roles and responsibilities.
“Everything at I-G Training is about the real life experience and regional in outlook…. (learn from the real experts)”
IGT’s expertise includes designing curriculum and also training insurance practitioners to effectively impart their knowledge and experience so as to increase the technical competency of insurance executives and managers.
Currently IGT is managed by a team of professionals, in consultations with a board of technical advisors including Mr Chua Kim Kiat, Mr Nehemiah Neo, Ms Catherine Syn and Ms Evangeline Boo.
IGT’s insurance training programmes are endorsed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore . As such, financial grants of up to 50% are disbursed to companies sending their insurance executives and managers for the programmes. The technical and practical training programmes crafted by IGT include:
Marine and Energy Insurance Topics
- Unravelling the mysteries of Cargo Claims and 1/1/2009 Clauses
- Marine Cargo Clauses and Applications – Improved version with 1/1/2009 Clauses
- Marine Hull Underwriting (with a Sea Trip)
- Underwriting Energy Insurance – Oil & Gas Rigs
- Technical Aspects of Energy Insurance – Oil & Gas Rigs
- Cargo Underwriting – A claims approach
- Marine Insurance – INCOTerms and Applications
- Ports & Terminal Liability Insurance
- Insuring Liquid Cargoes under Institute Bulk Oil Clause
- Modern Practice of Marine Cargo Insurance
Property and Pecuniary Insurance Topics
- Construction All Risks with a field trip (this programme focused on VRWS and RIBA 19 2(a))
- Construction All Risks – A Case Study Approach
- Industrial All Risks and Machinery Breakdown – Underwriting Issues and Business Interruption Claims
- Deterioration of Stocks Insurance – underwriting and claims
- Underwriting & Pricing Jewellers’ Block Risk Exposure
- Technical Aspects of Jewellers’ Block Insurance – Evaluating Gemstones
- Events Insurance
Casualty Classes, Financial Lines and Reinsurance Topics
- Technical Understanding of Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Underwriting & Managing Performance Bonds
- Reinsurance Technical Accounting
- Establishing the Foundation of Reinsurance
- Casualty Classes – The Bases of Conditions and Exclusions from a Reinsurance Perspective
- Casualty Treaty Reinsurance Workshop
- Facultative Reinsurance for Mega Risks
IGT provides a platform to facilitate the sharing of technical knowledge and experience transfer within the insurance industry. IGT enlists those who possess the relevant technical know-how and many years of market experience as facilitators. We constantly refine existing programmes and also develop new training programmes so as to cater to the increasing needs of a dynamic industry.
IGT is committed to provide top quality technical and practical training programmes and workshops so as to contribute to the dynamic development of the general insurance and reinsurance hub in Singapore and the Asia region.
To obtain information (on a non-obligatory basis) from I-G Training Pte Ltd, please enter some of your details and we shall provide your with updates as well as free e-books (on availability):
(A specialist in training and development for the General Insurance and Reinsurance Industry)